? The Steff Gets Her Teddy Bear | Be Bear - The Vermont Teddy Bear Blog

Recent Posts

Archives

Topics

« | Main | »

The Steff Gets Her Teddy Bear

By Nate | September 20, 2007

‘A Pile of Dogbones’ blog post for a Vermont Teddy Bear birthday giftThe Steff is one lucky woman. Last year she received a Birthday Suit Bear for her birthday, and for this upcoming birthday, she’s about to receive another special Vermont Teddy Bear…one that won a special blog contest.

The Steff is the subject of a recent post from blogger NYC Watchdog, writing in A Pile of Dog Bones, in which he compares the potential merits of a few Vermont Teddy Bears as birthday gifts for The Steff, then asks his readers to vote on them. And, wow, do they ever vote!

37 comments and 23 votes later…we have a winner:

1. Superstar Bear – 12 votes
  2. Coco Bear – 7 votes
  3. American Pie Bear – 3 votes
  4. Sweetheart Bear – 1 vote

So The Steff can expect a 15″ Superstar Bear for her birthday, courtesy of friend NYC Watchdog. And who is this NYC Watchdog, this man of mystery? Uh…I don’t know.

No, seriously, he goes to great lengths to stay anonymous. All I could find out is that he’s an EMT and writer living in Middle Village, NY (is that Brooklyn?), he has a seriously funny video blog, CerealWednesday, and he’s got great taste in birthday presents.

So hats off to NYC Watchdog, leaving an impression in the blogosphere and, hopefully, with The Steff. I can say without reservation that here is a man who knows how to Be Bear.

Topics: Blogs & Articles | 8 Comments »

8 Responses to “The Steff Gets Her Teddy Bear”

1. Tom Fratamico Says:
    September 24th, 2007 at 9:50 am

Can we send him a free Coco Bear?

2. Nato Says:
    September 24th, 2007 at 10:03 am

Tom, what a great idea!

I’d love to send NYC Watchdog a bear, but I have a feeling that, for himself, he’d prefer something more in line with his EMT job like the Firefighter Bear. Plus, I know we take our customers’ privacy very seriously, so we’d want to get in touch with him via his own blog to see if he were willing to receive the gift, etc.

Also, as you might expect, he’s following the arrival of The Steff’s new Teddy Bear very closely…and very publicly! [:-)]

3. Stef Says:
    February 1st, 2008 at 5:45 am

Hi all,

Just wanted to give you a heads up that Dog (aka Dawg) is sending The Steff (not me, I’m just regular Stef ;) another bear if you’re interested in following along again.

The other day I stumbled upon this VT Teddy Bear post about his bear tracking post in September and forwarded it along to him. He was more than a little excited about it and wanted to know where his free bear is. ;)

If you’re really interested in getting one to him, Dog is a very good friend of mine and he’s happy to speak with you and let you send him a bear (directly to him in NYC or through me since I literally live down the street from you).

Please feel free to contact me at the email I gave for this comment and I’ll gladly make sure you get in touch with Dog directly.

Thanks!
    Stef

4. Nate Says:
    February 1st, 2008 at 9:51 am

I wondered how long before Dog caught the trail. (I guess I coulda sent a trackback. Chalk it up to being a blog newbie.) I’ll be getting in touch with you. Thanks!

5. Stef Says:
    February 1st, 2008 at 12:03 pm

Excellent. :)

6. Stef Says:
    February 6th, 2008 at 4:41 pm

I am guessing that was you or someone you know who contacted Dog directly. Thank you for that. :)

7. nel animo Says:
    April 11th, 2008 at 2:30 am

Yeah!! (Wrings hands)! Nice blog you have here. I’ve enjoyed much reading your last posts. Keep it that way.

8. Nate Says: