? Time for Teddy Bear Picnic 2011! | Be Bear - The Vermont Teddy Bear Blog

Recent Posts

Archives

Topics

« | Main | »

Time for Teddy Bear Picnic 2011!

By Nate | July 13, 2011

It’s early July, so that means it’s a fine time for folks to bring their favorite Teddy Bear over to the Vermont Teddy Bear Factory here in Shelburne for our Teddy Bear Picnic.

We had the Picnic last Friday, and the weather just couldn’t have been nicer. Lots of happy families, children, and, oh yes, Bears and other beloved plush friends were on hand for games, popsicles, and a chance to meet Mr. Ted E. Bear himself. Here are some photos from the day.

Some of our wonderful visitors at the 2011 Vermont Teddy Bear Picnic

Ted E. Bear and visitors at the 2011 Vermont Teddy Bear Picnic

Some more of our wonderful visitors at the 2011 Vermont Teddy Bear Picnic

One of Ted E. Bear's world-famous Bear hugs

And even more of our wonderful visitors at the 2011 Vermont Teddy Bear Picnic

More of Ted E. Bear and visitors at the 2011 Vermont Teddy Bear Picnic

Here’s a big thank you to all the families who spent their lunchtime with us. You make us all BEARY happy!

Topics: Being Bear, Life in Vermont, Special Occasions, VTB Factory | 6 Comments »

6 Responses to “Time for Teddy Bear Picnic 2011!”

1. Fatima Rufino Says:
    July 13th, 2011 at 7:02 pm

Wow! These pics really show us that it was a wonderful day! Nice to see so many happy smiles on children’s faces!
    BEar happy!

2. Nate Says:
    July 14th, 2011 at 9:55 am

Hey Fatima. Yes, it was a wonderful time. “BEar Happy,” indeed!

How about you? Would you ever take your Teddy Bear on a picnic?

3. Ana Kristina Says:
    July 18th, 2011 at 11:16 am

Hey guys, I’m going to take my Teddy Bear to the picnic!
    I’ll be in Burlington/Shelburne by October and Vermont Teddy Bear factory is already in my plans. This will be the first time I’ll be visiting the US. We are planning to do a picnic at Lake Champlain and I told my friend I’d like to take my “Teddy” with me. He said “OK”.
    I’m quite sure I’ll have the same happy look on my face!

4. Nate Says:
    July 18th, 2011 at 11:22 am

Hi Ana. What nice news! Now, depending on the date in October, you might be in for a slightly chilly picnic, but, hey, real Vermonters picnic year-round (if by “picnic” we mean “pack a basket, then eat lunch inside at the kitchen counter”).

Be sure to give us a shout out when you get to town!

5. Ana Kristina Says:
    July 19th, 2011 at 3:02 pm

Hi Nate. Thank you for the average temperature map. I’ll probably get there by Oct. 10 or 11.
    It was kind of you, and useful too! I am a little bit concerned about it too, because we Brazilians are used to very high temperatures and practically no cold (our Winter is what you’d call “comfortable”). But I’m counting the days to get there anyway.

Believe it or not, coincidentially, during a very hot day some years ago, I “stole”a picture of that bear that takes his fur off from Google images to post on my Facebook page. I wanted to illustrate how hot I was feeling and that bear taking off his fur was so cute… At that time I hadn’t heard of Vermont Teddy Bear yet, and now I’m about to have my own bear! Great!

Be sure I’ll let you know when I get there.

Cheers and BEARssings!

Ana

6. Ana Kristina Says:
    October 9th, 2011 at 8:51 pm

Hi guys!

It’s me again. I’ll be visiting you tomorrow aftarenoon or tuesday morning. Can’t wait.
    See you tomorrow.